Thursday, April 25, 2013

28 Weeks! Officially in the Third Trimester!

Disclaimer:  if you don't want to see my bare belly, don't scroll down past the 'Looking Forward To' part.

How far along?  28 weeks
Baby Size:  She's as big as an eggplant!
Total weight gain/loss: At my doctor's appointment last Thursday, I had only gained 3 more pounds!  Hurray!!  The doctor STILL wasn't happy with me though...this time I gained too little but whatever! They average out, right?
Maternity clothes? Trying to work with some summery dresses but I get really self-conscious about the front because my belly pulls it up right in the middle.  I thought being pregnant during the summer would be great because I could wear dresses all the time but I didn't think about the fact that I might need leggings for the dresses to be appropriate.
Stretch marks? Still none!!  I'm on my 4th tub of body butter.  Overkill?  My smooth skin says otherwise.
Sleep: Monday night I worked out a later in the evening and I wasn't able to fall asleep until midnight.  Other than that, sleep's been pretty good lately.  I can even sleep without a single sheet or cover on me at all which I've never been able to do in my entire life.  So much change!
Best moment this week: Our spontaneous road trip to the beach over the weekend was so perfect.  We took both dogs and they did great!  We went to a drive-in theater Saturday night and parked right next to a couple with their little baby and 2 dogs which gave us hope!  We got this...if they can do it, we can do it.  They were in a minivan though...that'll never happen.
Pregnancy brain moment of the week: Nothing to report!  Thank goodness.  Sometimes, I get a little freaked out about what I might forget.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? Margarita.  On the rocks.  No salt.  Please, someone order this the next time you go to a Mexican restaurant and send me a picture.  I would like to live vicariously through you.
Movement: All the time and all over the place.  I feel feel her whole little body moving around in there.  I've been getting weird pain on the right side of my back that I've never experienced before so I don't know if she's pressing against a part of my spine or something but it gets a little uncomfortable to walk around sometimes.  Not something I want to admit days before going to Vegas.  Lots of walking will be going on this weekend!  Hopefully my pregnant body can handle it.
Cravings:  A bladder that doesn't have to be emptied 30594 times a day.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and strangers are finally starting to notice.  I really feel like people are staring at me sometimes though, which I don't like.
Labor Signs: None yet.  I'm pretty sure I am waddling a good bit now though.  I can't walk nearly as fast as I normally could and there's a lot of pain under my belly now.  My doctor recommended a girdle so I'm wondering if I should get something to take the pressure off of my hips.  I'm REALLY trying to not buy anything pregnancy specific though...which is why I refuse to buy that nasty looking Snoogle pillow.  I'll probably just try to tough it out.
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but it's definitely not normal looking.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: VEGAS!!

Photos below taken February 3, March 2, and April 13.  Baby got huge over the past 3 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment