Monday, January 14, 2013

One Down, Two to Go!

I'm officially done with the first trimester.  It's crazy how fast that went.  Last week I was a little frustrated because I didn't feel like I was really changing and I hate how far apart our appointments are.  A lot can happen in four weeks!  It doesn't help that the last time we went to the doctor in December, they tried to use a doppler to hear the heartbeat and couldn't so we got rushed to ultrasound real quick to make sure everything was okay.  The first thing they said to us when we walked in was, "So have you had any complications or anything?"  Thanks, Ultrasound Lady...  Everything was fine, but STILL.  I'm tempted to buy a doppler just to check on things myself.  But then what if I couldn't find it...panic would ensue.  PLUS, if you only knew how deep they push that doppler into your stomach to hear the heartbeat...super uncomfortable.  I feel like you could have seen my doctor's fist on my back.  The plus of the doppler incident was we did get an extra ultrasound.  We got to our baby wiggling around and waving.  SO much different from the first time we saw it when it didn't even have full arms and legs yet!  It's absolutely crazy to think about the fact that I'm growing a human inside of me.

We just have to wait one more week before the next appointment. Since the doctor counts weeks weird, we should be able to find out what we're having either next week or the following week.  Carson and I talked about baby names for the first time last night on our way home from LA.  I don't know how we'll ever decide.   


How far along? 14 Weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: Scale said 4.5 pounds this morning.
Maternity clothes? None yet...I definitely prefer to wear leggings and dresses over jeans though.  Some of my higher rise jeans are too uncomfortable.
Stretch marks? No, and I'm slathering body butter on my belly, butt and thighs after every shower hoping that'll help.  
Sleep: Still sleeping great!  I was waking up once in the middle of most nights before getting pregnant anyway just because of the amount of water I typically drink and our super spoiled dogs that wake up and need to go outside every night.  Last week, I did have one night that I woke up to take them out and had a hard time falling back to sleep.  Hopefully that doesn't happen too often.
Best moment this week: Going to LA on Sunday.  Getting out of Bakersfield for a little while is always great.  We also got to meet a lot of our neighbors on Saturday!  One dropped by while we were working in the garage and it turns out she's pregnant with twin girls.  I'm excited that there will be so many new babies at once!
Have you told family and friends: Yep!
Miss Anything?  Yoga...I'm sure I could still go.  There aren't any prenatal yoga classes in Bakersfield that I know of, otherwise I would totally take it.  I can't bend my back much, it makes my stomach hurt a lot.  I don't know if I'm being a wuss or if it is actually is hurting.
Movement: Not yet. I read in What to Expect When You're Expecting that I probably won't be able to feel anything until month 5.  Sometimes I hold my stomach and just wait for something to happen.  I always kind of thought it was weird how often pregnant people touch their stomach and well, now I get it.  It's not even a conscious thing, it just happens.
Food cravings: I could eat pizza and ice cream or cereal for every meal.  But I'm starting to feel really guilty about what I've been eating.  Anything bad I eat, I immediately regret.  Unfortunately, every time I go grocery shopping things like Nutella, ice cream, chips and ranch dip jump in my basket.  Everything in moderation, right? 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing...a lot of things, like the aforementioned Nutella and ice cream, sound delicious in the store and then it goes unopened for days/weeks.   
Have you started to show yet: A little..thankfully, I have a patient husband who always reassures me every time I turn to the side and say, "Do I look pregnant yet?"  Or the times that I hold my belly and say, "Don't I look super pregnant right now?"  I fish for it quite a bit.
Gender prediction: Still thinking girl
Labor Signs: No 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  Except right after waking up from a nap but really, that's anyone.
Looking forward to: Our Seattle trip we just booked last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment