Thursday, July 4, 2013

Baby Noble: 38 Weeks!


How far along? 38 weeks and it's safe to say that I'm O-V-E-R I-T.  I think I would feel so much differently if I didn't hear every other week from my doctor that it won't be long now.  3 weeks ago when I went, he was totally shocked how low the baby was and estimated that I wouldn't make it past last week.  Then, at my next appointment, he gave me a completely different report.  I was still only 1cm dilated and he thought I would make it to my due date or longer.  Then, last week we had an ultrasound and she was so low and I was between 2-3 cm dilated so they were all "it won't be much longer!"  Then, this Monday when I went I hadn't dilated anymore than the week before and we started talking about induction.  It's so frustrating and I so badly do not want to be induced.  I really want her to come on her own when she's ready.
Baby Size: She was estimated to weigh about 6 pounds 8 ounces last week at the ultrasound.
Total weight gain/loss: I had lost 4 pounds at my appointment this week so who knows what's accurate anymore...
Maternity clothes? Literally nothing fits anymore.  I wear Carson's t-shirts on my morning walks because nothing covers my belly.  Everything's too tight and uncomfortable.  I'll probably be wearing the dress in the picture any time we need to go anywhere in public.   
Stretch marks? Bahhh I'm so disappointed.  They cropped up last week and definitely are getting worse and will continue to do so until I give birth.  I never imagined I would get them where they are.  I was focusing on my sides, thighs and boobs. I was still putting lotion everywhere, but I guess I wasn't putting enough where I needed it.  Oh, and I'm sure gaining 35-40 pounds doesn't help.
Sleep: Now that I'm on maternity leave, I'm totally taking advantage of morning naps.  I wake up every morning with Carson, take a 30-45 minute walk and come back and crash for a good 2-3 hours.  I've been sleeping great at night but I do wake Carson up every time I have to get out of bed to pee, which he's not all to thrilled about.
Best moment this week: We had our ultrasound at our last appointment and it was exciting to see her....parts of her, haha.  At one point we were just looking at her femur and then we were able to see her lips but nothing else of her face.  
Miss Anything? Work?  Is that totally lame?!  I'm on day 4 of maternity leave and I'm already a little sick of it.  It's been 105 degrees or hotter every day this week so doing anything outside after 8 am is totally out of the question.  There's only so much TV I can stand to watch each day. The house is relatively clean...I'm sure I could do more but then I just get hot.  I'm ready for my baby to get here so I have something to focus on, haha.
Movement: Every now and then she goes to town bouncing up and down on my bladder and she does crazy things with my colon.  I can literally feel all of my organs moving around to accommodate her.
Cravings: Fresh fruit.  
Labor Signs: Would it be totally awkward if I said I feel like I feel my cervix dilating?  I sometimes feel a lot of pressure in the exact same spot that the doctor checks.  I don't know if the baby is just bouncing up and down and I feel that but it's such a weird feeling.  And then I get zings that go down my legs.  
Belly Button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? They're all off now...my fingers are swelling too much and Carson totally freaked me out when he said they might have to cut it off if I swell too much during labor.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sometimes I get a little snappy but I'm able to recognize it and reformat my question/statement/complaint to be a little more pleasant.
Looking forward to: My mom will be here next week!!  I'm so excited.  Hopefully I'll have a baby to show her soon!


I'm so sad to report that we've reached the end of our peach harvesting for this year.  The bugs and birds (lots of hummingbirds) have nearly finished off what few peaches we had left.  We estimate that we probably picked about 250 peaches from our 6 trees in the past month.  We were able to share with our friends, neighbors and coworkers.  We've each eaten at least one peach a day for the past couple of weeks and it's been so fantastic.  We've made a peach cobbler, peach pies, peach milkshakes, peach smoothies, peaches w/ ice cream, and fruit salads with our own peaches.  I think it's safe to say that Carson has absolutely loved tending the trees.  It grew on me...and I can't wait until next year.  I wish they would have stuck around until our family came to visit but we do have some frozen so we can still enjoy those over the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment