Monday, November 7, 2016

Abby and Amy: Six Months

We survived the first 6 months!  I'm so excited for these next couple of months.  I feel like we are now coming out of the newborn fog and are going to start returning to normalcy.  The holidays are right around the corner and I know it's going to be so much fun with the girls!

 Abby - left Amelia - right
After their 4 month check up, the pediatrician actually called me later that night and told me that we needed to add in a feed because they weren't getting enough volume.  For most of the past 2 months, we have fed them about every 3 hours starting at 5 am and ending at 10 pm.  Just in the past couple of days though, we have bumped them up to 5 oz bottles of mixed BM and formula and we have cut out the 5 am feed.  I am still pumping.  Usually every 3 hours but if I miss a session, it's not that big of a deal.  Now that they are getting such large bottles, there's no way I am able to keep up so we are probably at about 60/40 BM to formula.  We will keep transitioning slowly to just formula as the weeks go on.  Right now, it's not that big of a deal for me to keep pumping.  The longer I go, the more money we save on formula!  So far, we haven't had to purchase any--we have just been using the samples that we received from the doctor and in the mail.
Abby
We have been putting rice cereal in their bottles for the past couple of weeks and as a result, neither of them have been pooping very often anymore.  Because of this, they have had their first solid food experience--prunes!  They both did pretty good.  Amelia was much cleaner.  Abby was a bit more of a mess.

 Abby - left Amelia - right
Right before the girls turned 5 months old, we transitioned them from their Rock N Plays to their cribs with no issues.  I was so nervous about it, but they did wonderful.  They did come down with RSV in October so we moved them back to their RnPs for about a week. Once they were over it, we put them right back in their cribs and they have continued sleeping through the night with no issues.

 Amelia - left Abby - right
We spent 2 nights at Pappy's farm with the girls in Pack n Plays.  We made sure to take the sound machine this time and they both slept great!  We took turns relaxing inside during the day while they napped and the other one hung outside with Allie.  This upcoming weekend, we are dropping Allie off with Gigi and Carson and the twins are going up to the lakehouse.  
 Amelia
I've started taking them on walks in the jogging stroller.  They have done amazing lately.  I had tried about 4 weeks ago and they were not ready.  I don't think they liked being so exposed.  I ran with them once but it was tough!  I need to get stronger so I can push that heavy stroller.  Now that the time has changed, I'm really hoping to be able to get my runs in during the day so I don't have to run in the dark.  Hopefully over the next couple of weeks it will get easier.

 
Abby: loves being naked, prefers her toes to toys, sucks her thumb, has a dimple on her left cheek, still a cuddler
Amelia: loves her lovey, giggles when you take her onesie off, prefers toys but does play with her toes
Both: lick everything, drool constantly, look at each other and smile, hold hands, working on sitting up, more comfortable during tummy time, 3-6 month onesies, 0-3 or 3 month PJs, size 2 diapers

No comments:

Post a Comment