Monday, February 3, 2014

the thief of joy

On Friday night, I got sucked in to Facebook and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning.  One thing led to another and I wasted an entire night just creeping through people's profiles.  I'm so disgusted with myself that I've decided to take the month off of Facebook.  I'm not sure how our society has evolved into this over-sharing, over-opinionated group of people.  It's all done in innocence, I think, but the constant desire to show everyone what we're doing at every moment or the whole "pictures or it didn't happen" mentality is absolutely crazy.  Now, when we see what people or doing or what people have, we feel the need to get where they are or get what they have.

I'm excited to see what this month will be like.  Where will I spend my extra time?  Reading?  Exercising?  Probably online window shopping, to be completely honest, since I took the month of January off from spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment